Traveling can be stressful enough when you are perfectly healthy, but traveling with an injury can be even worse. Since you might be doing some traveling this holiday season, Rosewood Care Center has some tips for you about traveling with an injury. Check out our tips below, and let us know if we can help you with rehab or long-term care.
Tips for Traveling with an Injury
- Check with Your Doctor – Before you leave on your holiday travels, you should consult your doctor. Be sure they think it is okay for you to travel, and ask them if they have any medical advice.
- Pack the Right Supplies/Equipment – Also, before you leave on your trip, make sure you have packed everything you need. Do you need a brace or cane to help with your injury? Will you need medication of any kind? Be sure you think about these things.
- Don’t Rush – When you are traveling with an injury, everything is going to take longer than you think it is. Do not try to rush because you could make your injury worse. Instead, take your time, and try to enjoy the slower pace.
- Don’t Overdo It – There will likely be a lot going on at your holiday celebrations. You do not have to overdo it while you are there. You can sit out of certain activities and still have a lot of fun with family.
- Ask for Help – Whether it is getting disability assistance at an airline, help carrying your bags at a hotel, or asking a family member to get something for you, don’t be afraid to ask for the help you need. You do not have to try to do everything yourself in your injured state. Ask for help from others.
- Take Care of Yourself – Be sure to take care of yourself, as well. If you are not feeling well, take a few hours to rest, or if you need time to recover take the time you need. You have to advocate for yourself and take care of yourself.
Will these tips help you travel over the holiday season? We hope so because the holidays are a great time to spend time with your loved ones, so the traveling can definitely be worth it!
Rosewood Care Center provides you or your loved ones with services like knee/hip replacement rehab, chronic disease management, stroke therapy, and so much more. Rosewood nursing homes are located throughout Illinois. You can find Rosewood Care Centers in Elgin, Northbrook, Alton, and Peoria, IL. Reach out to us if you have any questions about our services.