Creative At-Home Workouts
Tired of the same workout day-in and day-out? Then we have some tips for you! Rosewood Care Centers cares about bettering your health and offering helpful tips for the recovery process. Read more below to find out how to get creative at home when you need a good workout.
- Head outside and locate your nearest set of bleachers or stairs. Whether they’re at a nearby park, school, or a local university, steps are a great way to challenge your muscular endurance and cardiovascular strength. The fresh air outside will feel great too!
- If you are stuck in a small space, no worries – you can still manage a good workout. Our at-home exercise program may be the perfect fit for you! Rosewood Care Centers tailors an at-home exercise program specific to you. Your program will be outlined before your release date. Different types of at-home exercises may be prescribed for you depending on your specific condition. Learn more about them here.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of recovery time after a tough workout. If your muscles and joints are feeling tight, you don’t need to partake in an intense workout. Take 5-10 minutes to stretch each morning to relax your muscles. You can also partake in yoga which has many benefits to your mind and body.
- Short on time? Try a quick 10-minute workout right in the comfort of your own home. All you need are some notecards and a timer. With the right know-how, you can turn any standard deck of cards into a personal trainer. Simply assign each workout to a card, set a timer, then draw a card from the deck and do the exercise assigned to the card you drew for the number of repetitions the card represents. Switch cards every couple of minutes and before you know it, your workout is over! You create your workout at your own pace.
- There’s no time like the present to get up and try a good workout. Some of the best workouts come from not even leaving the house. Following a short video or even just getting some fresh air outside can be perfect for you!
Looking for a place to do your physical therapy or find a good at-home exercise program? Visit us at Rosewood Care Centers today and learn more about the range of services we provide. With plenty of locations statewide, we are sure you will find one at your convenience. Just search “Rosewood Peoria”, “Rosewood Edwardsville”, and “Rosewood Alton”.